Nanny Sarah, Bria Bag and First-Time Bread Baking

Tuesday, March 31

Listening to "She's So High," Tal Bachman (I'm sometimes a 90s-music-obsessed blogger...)


Finished Knitting Project:
Here's Bria's bag- finished by her Nanny Sarah!

the bria bag
I'll admit- not the best picture.
I'm still
being lazy about pulling
out my
Canon Rebel. Next time I
will, swear!


Cute little project. Took no time at all and- let's be honest- it's not the most amazing thing ever knitted. But she's five, so she sure thought it was amazing. Which made me feel good :)

And, finally!

Recipe Review:

StephChow's Bread { Whole Wheat Yeastless Focaccia }

stephchows screenshot

This recipe is so fun, so quick and so easy. Perfect if you- like I was- are a first-time bread maker. HINT: To make the bread, you use a 12 oz. dark beer!! Who doesn't like a recipe that replaces hard, elbow-work yeast baking and kneading (isn't that what bread making is usually about?) with BEER?!

I didn't screw the recipe up-- and that's saying something
. It's easy- you can do it!

~ * ~ * ~

Till next time (When I'm hoping to make bbq-- or, if you're southern, pulled pork!-- for the first time! Great family crock pot recipe!),

-Your laughing-while-nannying,
kid-purse-knitting, bread-making
New Girl Blogger

11 comments:

Ace on March 31, 2009 at 8:50 PM said...

oooh, pulled pork sounds so good right now!

Sebastian Anthony on March 31, 2009 at 9:06 PM said...

I can tell this is going to be educational :)

We have a bread-making machine thingee... I should try the beer recipe! Though I don't like beer...

Mrs. VanMiddendorp on March 31, 2009 at 9:31 PM said...

Cute purse! Those kids you nanny are sooo adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable video!

Chad on March 31, 2009 at 10:29 PM said...

Kids are so cute, as long as they aren't your own. And excellent job with that little purse, it's adorable.

Rebecca on April 1, 2009 at 3:57 AM said...

That purse is so cute. Excellent work with the bread. I love bread making, and have a great yeast focaccia recipe that is one of my go-to easy dinner options, but whole-wheat with beer, I gotta give that a try!

Susie on April 1, 2009 at 5:54 AM said...

I love videos of babies laughing like that. It instantly makes me smile. The bag is adorable!

Donna-FFW on April 1, 2009 at 8:44 AM said...

The purse is so pretty.. love the color.. The bread sounds fabulous!!

Tamela on April 1, 2009 at 9:15 AM said...

I just noticed the super cute twitter icon you have! I hope you don't mind I decided to follow you.

knitseashore on April 1, 2009 at 11:15 AM said...

YAY for cute purses! So glad she liked the bag.

The Duo Dishes on April 1, 2009 at 8:43 PM said...

You. are. right! Beer in a bread, no yeast, no kneading...sign us up. Can't wait to see the pork!

Post a Comment

“Words are the voice of the heart”

-Confucius

Thanks for your comments!