This week I created the Keepsake Blog Award! I like making awards... I get to practice my limited photoshop skills. :)
Rules for this award:
1. Post a funny or sweet keepsake that tells something about you.
2. Pass the award onto 10 other bloggers that you think are keepers!
Here are my 10 bloggers:
1. StephChows: Thanks for always posting such yummy looking recipes-- and photos!
2. Brett:Alexandra: I may be a little biased because you're a Hokie and I love that... but your blog is too cute!
3. Sarah-Yosh!: Your blog is too cute at well... I love hearing about your students :) Plus, the random stuff you post just makes me smile!
4. The Gamer's Wife: Love hearing about your hilarious ups and downs as a gamer's wife. (Just so everyone knows, though, she can beat him at MarioKart Racing!)
5. Samantha: I love your writing and your posts about your non-traditional wedding!
6. LesJouJou: I live for your Vintage Day posts :) And your etsy shop updates!
7. KnittingKnoobie: One of my favorite knitting blogs... I've learned so much from it!
8. Slim Shoppin': Your recipes really inspire me to try to cook and eat healthier-- especially since you make everything look and sound so great!
9. Fidgeting Gidget: I know your work/life adventures are only going to get more intersting :) Plus, she's cheering for the Red Wings too! Woo-hoo!
10. Tamela: Your blog is just too cute. Plus, you've got the best giveway goin on right now-- you could win the 30 Day Shred DVD!! Woo-hoo!!
Congrats bloggers! Feel free to post and participate!
Code for the award:
IF you didn't receive an award-- don't be sad! I'm going to try and invent a new award every month :)
And for my keepsake item:
Me in Cowboy Boots and Mini-skirt!
HA!! This picture will be a lot funnier if you've read the story of how Matt and I met; this picture is from when I was 7... who knew that 12 years later I'd be wearing a similar outfit (minus the gardening gloves) to meet the coolest boyfriend this side of the ping-pong table!
The Twins Baby-Momma!
I really didn't mean to turn this into such a suspenseful deal... but I wanted to make sure it was ok with my Dad and Step-Mom before posting this info on my blog...
That's right!! My Step-Mom is prego!! AND SHE'S HAVING TWINS!!
She's due this January and they are not finding out the gender of the babies. So I really need to start knitting!
My Dad and Step-Mother have been married for a little over 2 years now. She's a kindergarten teacher and she loves kids, so I know she's excited about this pregnancy.
I would be lying if I told you I haven't been thinking a lot about a couple things... My three sisters and I are older (my oldest sister is 23, my youngest 17), so it'll definitely be an adventure having a set of little twins running around. I have wondered... how will I manage to be close with these little guys when I'm so much older and not living at home? Growing up, my three sisters and I were so close-- and close in age. So this is new for me! I want to make sure to be a good big sister to them, but it'll be different. Plus, now my Dad will have six children (Eat your heart out, Jon & Kate!). Is that going to be a lot? What else will change?
But mostly, it's simple: there are two little bundles of joy coming into the world this January, and my Dad and Step-Mom are very excited! In the end, I think everything else will work itself out. That's what families do!
I think it's natural to be nervous when you know things are going to change. But this is a happy, good change. I'm getting excited... I really need to start knitting for those little guys (or girls!)! :)
So congrats, Dad and MarAnna!
Other Random News:
- I did manage to (finally) cook some meatloaf and some mac & cheese, but I think I've said enough for one post :) so next time-- how to cook meatloaf without a loaf pan! (...because you didn't realize that you don't have one until you're halfway through the recipe)
- I am still knitting the checkerboard-- it's a great little "game" pattern book, there's a checkerboard and a backgammon board and a little game purse you can knit that holds the knitted boards and the game pieces. How cute!
- Off to the grocery store! Need supplies for my next couple of kitchen adventures!
FINALLY, an apology:
FINALLY, an apology:
I have been so behind on blog reading... it's just been a crazy, crazy week! Promise to catch up soon :) Hope you're all doing well!!
Your award-giving, all-the-time-babysitting,
New Girl Blogger