Worst Week Ever... by Wednesday?

Wednesday, March 11

Listening to "You're in Luck," Slowrunner (My go-to, feel-better song)

I like to think of my blog as a happy place. It's somewhere I go to laugh about cooking catastrophes, knitting blunders, or just general lapses in life judgment. I can talk to the blogging world about questions and ideas, and sometimes I even get wonderful comments back (Thanks!). What a happy place!

So, I don't want to change the happy atmosphere of this blog by bringing in the negative-- especially after I spent so much time changing to a prettier layout (I am a self-identified vain blogger, and I apologize).

Therefore, instead of meandering loquaciously through all the bad things that have happened so far this week and fudging with the happy tone of my happy blog...
I'm just going to summarize:
  • flat tire. 4 new tires. Savings-- wiped out.

  • grad assignment, huge part of grade: did wrong. teared up in front of teacher, then in front of class. can make up-- late grade penalty.

  • can no longer work with favorite tutoring client; her Mom bounced her check to my tutoring company. She tells me there just isn't money right now, clicking her manicured nails on the library countertop while her 5th grader looks at me mournfully, as if to say "tutor me for free! I need your help!" If I tutor for free I get fired. The world is just not fair.

  • eye infection. I look like I got punched. Don't worry, it's not contagious, I keep explaining.

  • amidst daylight savings and school emergencies, lost time to make pie. I was really excited, especially after receiving so many helpful comments of advice from you!

  • spring scarf, you're lacy and pretty. But your maker is dumb, and made you out of wool, so spring really isn't your season.

My next blog post will be happy. I know I'm tempting fate, here, asking for more bad events-- but tempt I will! I'll even say it again-- My next blog post will be happy! Happiness, pie, and a well done knitting project-- it's all coming, bad luck or not.

Because at the end of the day,
a flat tire gives you the chance to see how cute your boyfriend is when he drives out to find you, changes your flat for your spare, and makes you dinner when you get home. Your step-dad calls the next night, hears about your awful week and offers to buy you a pizza delivery so that you don't have to cook dinner. Your mom leaves you "have a better day!" messages like you're still in high school and it does make you feel better.

You're alive, you're healthy, and there's still plenty of time to make pie. So really, it's not that bad of a week after all.

Thanks, blog.

12 comments:

stephchows on March 11, 2009 at 11:07 AM said...

OH NO!!! You poor thing! Well first I love the new look of your blog, second the bag you started making is beautiful! Third uggggggg so many bleh situations to be stuck in the middle of!! The nails tapping while saying no money just gets me going... It's so frustrating when someone wont give up something $$ like nails so their kid can be tutored!! I mean I don't know their situation but grrrr! I hope you are feeling better girl, I'm sending lots of good thoughts your way! And it sounds like your family and boyfriend are all super there for you which is such a wonderful thing. Good luck!

Susie on March 11, 2009 at 11:32 AM said...

I'm sorry you're having such a hard week but it's it great that you have those around you who love and care for you?

Rebecca on March 11, 2009 at 2:54 PM said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry. I hate it when all the badness comes at once, but perhaps the world is just getting it out of it's system? Pie is definitely the way to make things all better, or cake, or cookies, especially when coupled with cute boyfriendage.

I also wanted to say how great it is that we're both learning cable knitting at the same time. I can't wait to swap results.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you've been having a bad time. The stuff with the kids sounds awful.

Anonymous said...

Bad situations seem to travel in packs, don't they? Like rotten-mouthed, slavering wolves they chase us down and maul us, leaving us broken and battered in the ditch... and sometimes they come back to have a gnaw on our legs, too.
That's why it's nice to have friends and family to support us when we have one of the crappiest weeks ever.

Sorry about the bad week you had, and I hope everything gets resolved soon. Definitely bake that pie, it will be a victory for you! :)

The Duo Dishes on March 11, 2009 at 8:52 PM said...

Rough, rough day. We've all been there. Hopefully you can get back on schedule to at least try your pie.

knitseashore on March 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM said...

If bad things happen in threes, you had double dose, and are more than due some good times! You're lucky to have so much support in your life, which makes those things a lot easier to deal with.

I struggle with posting negative stuff too on my blog. I try to limit it, but when you have to (I lost my job at the end of last year...), I think readers appreciate the honesty.

Your new page looks fabulous! I'd love to know how to do graphics like that. :)

Sara @ Domestically Challenged on March 12, 2009 at 6:05 PM said...

Just stumbled on your blog... Cute setup you got here. The handbag you are making below?! I LOVE IT! I wanted one like that forever, but never found one!

April on March 12, 2009 at 11:55 PM said...

Wow. Just got caught up on everything. Bummer. That's about all I can say. Tonight was a bummer for me, so I'm kinda wiped of most emotion that I would normally share otherwise. Good luck on the pie! I always forget to cover the edges and they burn a real nice blackish-brown. Loving that purse!! Kinda wishing I knew how to knit. There's a cute hat I'd like to make for my girls. Oh well. I'll do it someday! One more thing - ADORE the new layout!!
KU-DOS!!

April on March 12, 2009 at 11:57 PM said...

OH! Made an insanely yummy apple crisp! Raving reviews the first and second time I made it. I'll try to get the recipe for you.

April on March 13, 2009 at 2:36 PM said...

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/nilla-apple-crisp-104482.aspx?cm_re=1-_-1-_-RecentRecipe

Here's the link to the recipe for apple crisp. My suggestions are to double the topping recipe and to use french vanilla ice cream instead of cool whip. Hope you enjoy!!!

Mo Diva on March 13, 2009 at 3:58 PM said...

I love your layout!!!

Post a Comment

“Words are the voice of the heart”

-Confucius

Thanks for your comments!