Keepsake Award and--Wait, Who's Having Twins?

Sunday, May 31

Listening to "Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off," Joe Nichols

Keepsake Award

keepsake award

This week I created the Keepsake Blog Award! I like making awards... I get to practice my limited photoshop skills. :)

Rules for this award:

1. Post a funny or sweet keepsake that tells something about you.

2. Pass the award onto 10 other bloggers that you think are keepers!

Here are my 10 bloggers:

1. StephChows: Thanks for always posting such yummy looking recipes-- and photos!
2. Brett:Alexandra:
I may be a little biased because you're a Hokie and I love that... but your blog is too cute!
3. Sarah-Yosh!:
Your blog is too cute at well... I love hearing about your students :) Plus, the random stuff you post just makes me smile!
4. The Gamer's Wife:
Love hearing about your hilarious ups and downs as a gamer's wife. (Just so everyone knows, though, she can beat him at MarioKart Racing!)
5. Samantha:
I love your writing and your posts about your non-traditional wedding!
6. LesJouJou:
I live for your Vintage Day posts :) And your etsy shop updates!
7. KnittingKnoobie: One of my favorite knitting blogs... I've learned so much from it!
8. Slim Shoppin': Your recipes really inspire me to try to cook and eat healthier-- especially since you make everything look and sound so great!
9. Fidgeting Gidget:
I know your work/life adventures are only going to get more intersting :) Plus, she's cheering for the Red Wings too! Woo-hoo!
10. Tamela: Your blog is just too cute. Plus, you've got the best giveway goin on right now-- you could win the 30 Day Shred DVD!! Woo-hoo!!

Congrats bloggers! Feel free to post and participate!

Code for the award:


IF you didn't receive an award-- don't be sad! I'm going to try and invent a new award every month :)

And for my keepsake item:
cowgirl
Me in Cowboy Boots and Mini-skirt!

HA!! This picture will be a lot funnier if you've read the story of how Matt and I met; this picture is from when I was 7... who knew that 12 years later I'd be wearing a similar outfit (minus the gardening gloves) to meet the coolest boyfriend this side of the ping-pong table!


And now...
The Twins Baby-Momma!

I really
didn't mean to turn this into such a suspenseful deal... but I wanted to make sure it was ok with my Dad and Step-Mom before posting this info on my blog...

That's right!! My Step-Mom is prego!! AND SHE'S HAVING TWINS!!

She's due this January and they are not finding out the gender of the babies. So I really need to start knitting!

My Dad and Step-Mother have been married for a little over 2 years now. She's a kindergarten teacher and she loves kids, so I know she's excited about this pregnancy.

I would be lying if I told you I haven't been thinking a lot about a couple things... My three sisters and I are older (my oldest sister is 23, my youngest 17), so it'll definitely be an adventure having a set of little twins running around. I have wondered... how will I manage to be close with these little guys when I'm so much older and not living at home? Growing up, my three sisters and I were so close-- and close in age. So this is new for me! I want to make sure to be a good big sister to them, but it'll be different. Plus, now my Dad will have six children (Eat your heart out, Jon & Kate!). Is that going to be a lot? What else will change?

But mostly, it's simple: there are two little bundles of joy coming into the world this January, and my Dad and Step-Mom are very excited! In the end, I think everything else will work itself out. That's what families do!

I think it's natural to be nervous when you know things are going to change. But this is a happy, good change. I'm getting excited... I really need to start knitting for those little guys (or girls!)! :)

dad maranna

So congrats, Dad and MarAnna!

~*~*~

Other Random News:

  • I did manage to (finally) cook some meatloaf and some mac & cheese, but I think I've said enough for one post :) so next time-- how to cook meatloaf without a loaf pan! (...because you didn't realize that you don't have one until you're halfway through the recipe)

  • I am still knitting the checkerboard-- it's a great little "game" pattern book, there's a checkerboard and a backgammon board and a little game purse you can knit that holds the knitted boards and the game pieces. How cute!

  • Off to the grocery store! Need supplies for my next couple of kitchen adventures!
~*~*~

FINALLY, an apology:

I have been so behind on blog reading... it's just been a crazy, crazy week! Promise to catch up soon :) Hope you're all doing well!!



Your award-giving, all-the-time-babysitting,
behind-on-blog-reading, Red-Wings-cheering
New Girl Blogger

25 comments:

Fidgeting Gidget on May 31, 2009 at 7:07 PM said...

Thanks, Sarah! Congrats on your big news!! :)

Sebastian Anthony on May 31, 2009 at 7:48 PM said...

Pahh... no award...

*tears up his napkin and walks out*

Lovely photo -- the marriage one, anyway ;)

I'm sure you'll be an awesome sister, so don't worry about THAT.

Samantha on May 31, 2009 at 7:52 PM said...

Aww, thank you for the cute award, Sarah! And congratulations to your dad and step-mom on their big news... and to you for being a soon-to-be big sister!! I can imagine that will be a big adjustment after the twins are born, but what a blessing to your family!! (And how funny would that be if they are both girls - your dad would have SIX girls!)

Mrs. VanMiddendorp on May 31, 2009 at 8:01 PM said...

Congrats to your dad and stepmom!! That is soo cool!!!

sarah on May 31, 2009 at 8:09 PM said...

congratulations!!!!! you get to be the cool older sister who teaches them how to do stuff and takes them to movies and who they prefer to their parents when they get older!!

and thank you for the award! yeah! <3 winning! uh huh uh huh uh huh! i am sooo hyper active on coffee and vitamins and such! woot! have a good day!!!

Ella Everywhere on May 31, 2009 at 8:15 PM said...

omg twins! that's so exciting! congrats!!

Donna-FFW on May 31, 2009 at 9:21 PM said...

What absolutely exciting news, you must be so thrilled.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the award girl! It is so very cute!

How exciting to have twins running around! Congrats to your dad and step-mom!

chow and chatter on May 31, 2009 at 10:22 PM said...

congrats on having twin siblings co cute, they look like a cute couple, nice award you have created

Brett Alexandra on May 31, 2009 at 10:46 PM said...

awww, thank you so much! Now I have to start thinking about a good keepsake:)

Congrats to your dad and step mom! That is so exciting!

Unknown on May 31, 2009 at 11:20 PM said...

cute picture of you in the cowgirl outfit! i'll go and read the story of you and matt after this. and CONGRATS to your dad and stepmom! news like that is always so exciting!!! :)

Susie on June 1, 2009 at 6:36 AM said...

Grats to Dad and MarAnna! What wonderful news! I'm thinking Baby Surprise Jackets would be great knitting projects for them. I have to make one or two of them myself.

Ace on June 1, 2009 at 9:06 AM said...

How exciting to be getting 2 more brothers/sisters (maybe even one of each, that's what my twins are)! My sisters are I are pretty spaced apart. I'm 31 and they are 42 and 44. My oldest sister got married when I was in 1st grade so I was raised as an only child with them being older and out doing their own things. I didn't get very close to them until I "caught up" and got married and had kids. But I think it takes effort which they didn't give. I think you will make a great big sister to two sweet new babies!

Marta on June 1, 2009 at 1:34 PM said...

That’s a cute photo! And I love the idea of awards like these, keeping the merriness going around! Congratulations on your expanding family! My sisters are twins, they are delightful and scary! You’ll enjoy being big sister to them!

rachaelgking on June 1, 2009 at 4:18 PM said...

Congrats congrats congrats!!! That is too exciting!!!

Amy on June 1, 2009 at 8:59 PM said...

That's so exciting about the twins!! Congratulations...having some babies in the family will be super fun :) Cute photo too. Love the boots!

Ron on June 1, 2009 at 10:07 PM said...

Congrats for the award and congrats to your dad and his wife! Beautiful couple.

Hey, I'd love to see some pictures of your meatloaf! I love meatloaf! I feel very American everytime I have it :p

Anonymous said...

gosh, that's FANTASTIC news indeed! Congratulatiosn to your whole family, because you guys are in for a whole new ride!
and what a cool award...very well thought, and I can't wait to see other people's keepsakes!

Shannon (The Daily Balance) on June 2, 2009 at 10:15 AM said...

congrats on your big news! you in that cowgirl outfit - precious!

Stephanie on June 2, 2009 at 7:27 PM said...

Thanks for the award! It's nice to hear that you like my Vintage Day posts. I wasn't sure if anyone cared! :)

Stephanie on June 2, 2009 at 7:27 PM said...

Oh yea, congrats on the new baby siblings! I can't wait to see pictures!!

Ace on June 3, 2009 at 8:32 AM said...

Something for you on my blog today. Again. Probably the same thing I've already given you but I feel bad not passing them on!

me on June 3, 2009 at 11:43 PM said...

I'm glad you're doing Christmas Knitting as well - thanks for all your comments, it is so great to know you're "out there" and doing such creative activites!

♥peachkins♥ on June 5, 2009 at 10:15 AM said...

Hi. First time here. I read some of your posts and I enjoyed it. Congrats to your step-mum.

thegamerswife on June 10, 2009 at 5:47 PM said...

Thank you Sarah for my blog award! That is so sweet of you!! I am so glad to have found your blog and love all the little connections we have :) Yay for blog friends!

I am SO excited for you and the twins. Congratulations to you and your family!

Post a Comment

“Words are the voice of the heart”

-Confucius

Thanks for your comments!