Sharing the Blog Contest Love

Wednesday, April 22

Listening to "Little Miss Magic," Jimmy Buffett.

I figured... you guys have been so cool. Sharing the excitement of the roller coaster ride that was this past week's TA position decision. First I didn't get it. Then I did. And you were there for it all, with your nice comments, your inspiration and your congratulations.

So, what to do?

I know! Blog Contests!

There's so many great ones right now! So I thought by sharing the ones I was aware of, I'd be giving you the chance to get something great. So here we go!

Donna, FFW is giving away some really great cooking materials. All you have to do to get one entry is leave a comment telling her about your favorite, go-to appetizer recipe. Deadline is this Sunday, 4/26 @ 9pm!

Ace is giving away three homemade trinkets, crafted by her Aunt Nikki. Lots of ways to get entries, from comments to twitter. Deadline is this Saturday, 4/25 @ 9pm!

Mom on the Run is giving away a taste of some premium granola, for which she just completed a great product review, and there are three ways to enter! Throw your name in before the contest ends this Monday, 4/27!

Muffy Martini is giving away a great prize: a complete blog makeover by This, That and My Blog! Lots of ways to enter this contest, but be sure to do so by Sunday, because that's when the winner is going to be announced!!

Good luck everyone!

Blog News:

My next blog section will be about music.

I'm always telling you guys what I'm listening to... and I'd like to hear what you're listening to. Before I start my little music section (it's going to be playlists that suit certain moods...), PLEASE tell me your top 3, must-have favorite songs. Please :)

Cooking and knitting update this weekend :)

~*~*~

Your still-on-cloud-9,
gonna-be-a-TA,
New Girl Blogger.

12 comments:

Donna-FFW on April 23, 2009 at 4:36 PM said...

You are so cute.. Thanks for the shoutout about my contest, Ill be sure to check out the others.. Thanks Sarah!

April on April 23, 2009 at 4:59 PM said...

Some random songs that I love to have on my ipod of playlist are: Everything by Michael Buble, Maybe I'm Amazed by Jem, and since it's in my head at the moment Little Miss Can't Be Wrong by the Spin Doctor's. I totally dig on lots of different genre - but a special place will always be held for 80's and 90's music. : )

Fidgeting Gidget on April 23, 2009 at 5:29 PM said...

Lady in Spain by Ingrid Michaelson
Gravity by Sara Bareilles
Come Downstairs and Say Hello by Guster (my all time favorite band!!)

Csn't wait to hear about what you're knitting!!

PS: I gave you a blog award, check out my blog for details. :)

Ace on April 23, 2009 at 5:35 PM said...

Thanks! Make sure you come back and comment that you did that for an extra entry!

Susie on April 24, 2009 at 5:34 AM said...

Like A Prayer by Madonna
I'll Fly With You by Gigi D'Agastino
Mama Mia by Abba
I really love any kind of dance music. Like A Prayer is my all time "get me out of my funk" music. I put that song on and it makes me happy. Can't wait to see your list!

Vicki on April 24, 2009 at 12:15 PM said...

You are so sweet to try and make me feel better about Minime's college decision. I am pleased to have her go even though I'll miss her terribly. We started our long to do list already. She opened an account at the bank that's near school. Yikes! so much to do. It's all coming back to me from my boys.

stephchows on April 24, 2009 at 2:18 PM said...

Thanks for letting us know about all the fun contests :)

Anonymous said...

Still so happy for you about your TA position! I'm gonna check out the contests now!

Ron on April 24, 2009 at 2:30 PM said...

Sitting in a coffee shop in bum fudge Idaho listening to some banjo rockin mexican dude.

Have a great weekend, Sarah!

Brett Alexandra on April 24, 2009 at 8:33 PM said...

Gosh, my three favs? That is a hard one. There are so many that I LOVE! I am a huge Sara Bareilles fan so ANY of her songs are great to listen to(Vegas is a really good one).

jenn@slim-shoppin on April 26, 2009 at 10:47 PM said...

Congrats on getting the TA position!!

I really think even though you were disappointed at first, that your attitude really helped!! Being positive and thinking of a plan B, and realizing you could still be happy goes a long way, and maybe it helped align the starts in your favor.

I'm so happy for you!

Chad on April 28, 2009 at 2:21 PM said...

I'm gone for a week or so and soooo much happens. Glad to hear everything is going so well.

"All Flowers In Time Bend Towards The Sun" - Jeff Buckley (the most beautiful song ever written in my opinion)
"I'll Be Your Lover, Too" - Van Morrison
"Dross" - Smashing Pumpkins

Post a Comment

“Words are the voice of the heart”

-Confucius

Thanks for your comments!