Jace, the now-10-month boy I nanny, is getting his molars.
Some of you know what that means.
Not crying, but screaming. SCREAMING! All the time.
Well ok, not all the time. A lot, though. I can't help but feel bad for the poor little guy. It must hurt so bad!
But right now he's sleeping. I am soo happy he's sleeping...
of course, the next-door neighbor is MOWING HER LAWN. I really hope that doesn't wake up poor Jace...
1. I won a contest! Mom on the Run did a fab product review of My Granola. She's promising me a $20 gift card now so I can make my own mix! I am SO EXCITED!
2. I recently received the Kreativ Blogger Award from Ace!
The award came with instructions: name 7 things you love and 7 bloggers who deserve for this award to be passed onto them!
First: 7 Things I Love
1. Matt. He's a terrific boyfriend and roommate. Fun, smart, funny, nice-- not at all the guy I thought I'd end up with but totally perfect. (Don't worry, he rarely reads this blog so he won't get a big head) I realized recently that you all don't know much of anything about him, so hopefully in a couple posts I can tell you the hilarious story of how we met or something.
2. My family. Most of the time. 3 sisters, 4 parents, and a whole mess of extended family-- it can get kind of crazy. But I'm really close with my Mom and sisters... and I feel like my personality has definitely been shaped by growing in a house of 5 girls. Like I said, crazy. But it's that lovely kind of crazy. Most of the time.
3. Knitting. Oh knitting, I love you so much. You keep me sane. Especially when I'm knitting at Stitch & Bitch, which I had to skip this week because of time :-/ Can't wait to go next week and catch up!!!!!!!
4. Tutoring. Tutoring is one of the most rewarding jobs I've ever had! And one of the most hilarious.
5. Lacrosse. I've played lacrosse, coached lacrosse, and now I ref lacrosse. It's an amazing, fast-paced, exciting sport and I can't wait to tell my kids all my battle stories one day!
6. Fantasy Football. I love fantasy football, I really do. Just wait till football season comes back around. You'll hear about it!
7. Hobbies!! Ok, this is kind of cheating, but it allows me to love cooking, running, reading and Web design all in one category :) I just love learning new things!!
Next: 7 Blogs I love!
(Feel free to also join in and accept the Kreativ Blogger Award!)
From a North London Kitchen: One of my first blog friends, plus she's a really healthy/creative cook and a fantastic knitter!! Also, I know she understands the grad-school woes.
Duo Dishes: Amazing Recipes, always fun and exciting blog posts. Also one of my first blog friends!!!
Sarah Says: Sarah (lovely name!) is pregnant and just found out she is having a boy!! I love that she's sharing this journey with the blogging world.
Knitting Knoobie: I love her comments!! Always learning something from her, and her posts about NY make me want to take off for the city... she also inspires me to be a better knitter!
The Hogan Family: Cutest pictures EVER. Seriously. SO adorable. It helps that her kids are ADORABLE as well :)
Live it, Luv it: You must, must, must have sense of humor to read this blog-- and her TMI Thursdays could make Larry the Cable Guy blush. That's why I love her.
ACE! Always posting, always funny! Great blogging ideas as well.
Alright, HAPPY EASTER/PASSOVER!!!
Quick Easter Joke: Why does the easter bunny bring eggs?? Because he thinks guys should have guaranteed chicks at least once a year!!!
Haha...ha. Sorry, I really love corny jokes.
My Easter: GIRLFRIEND DUTY.
I will be with Matt and his parents all weekend at their beautiful Lake House on Lake Gaston. Where there is no internet. And no cell phone service. And no Starbucks.
But I will survive! I think. Knitting and homework time... his mom is a fabulous knitter and always helping me. And she's an amazing cook! Just a sweet lady in general. So that'll be fun... and I love their little dog Snickers, who's pretty old but still thinks he's a puppy.
For one weekend... I'll either love/relish the break from technology or go FREAKING CRAZY. I'll let you know. To be honest, I think I'll enjoy the quiet time with Matt, we've both been so busy lately!
I'm definitely bringing scrabble, though.
Happy Friday Eve!!!
New Girl Blogger