Evil Lawnmower! Blog Business & Easter Plans

Thursday, April 9

Listening to "White Horse," Taylor Swift (Can't help but like her. I knowwww)

Jace, the now-10-month boy I nanny, is getting his molars.

Some of you know what that means.


screaming baby picture
Yes.

Not crying, but screaming. SCREAMING! All the time.


Well ok, not all the time. A lot, though. I can't help but feel bad for the poor little guy. It must hurt so bad!

But right now he's sleeping
. I am soo happy he's sleeping...

of course, the next-door neighbor is MOWING HER LAWN. I really hope that doesn't wake up poor Jace...

Blog News:
1. I won a contest! Mom on the Run did a fab product review of My Granola. She's promising me a $20 gift card now so I can make my own mix! I am SO EXCITED!
2. I recently received the Kreativ Blogger Award from Ace!



The award came with instructions: name 7 things you love and 7 bloggers who deserve for this award to be passed onto them!

First: 7 Things I Love

1. Matt. He's a terrific boyfriend and roommate. Fun, smart, funny, nice-- not at all the guy I thought I'd end up with but totally perfect. (Don't worry, he rarely reads this blog so he won't get a big head) I realized recently that you all don't know much of anything about him, so hopefully in a couple posts I can tell you the hilarious story of how we met or something.

2. My family. Most of the time. 3 sisters, 4 parents, and a whole mess of extended family-- it can get kind of crazy. But I'm really close with my Mom and sisters... and I feel like my personality has definitely been shaped by growing in a house of 5 girls. Like I said, crazy. But it's that lovely kind of crazy. Most of the time.

3. Knitting. Oh knitting, I love you so much. You keep me sane. Especially when I'm knitting at Stitch & Bitch, which I had to skip this week because of time :-/ Can't wait to go next week and catch up!!!!!!!

4. Tutoring. Tutoring is one of the most rewarding jobs I've ever had! And one of the most hilarious.

5. Lacrosse. I've played lacrosse, coached lacrosse, and now I ref lacrosse. It's an amazing, fast-paced, exciting sport and I can't wait to tell my kids all my battle stories one day!

6. Fantasy Football. I love fantasy football, I really do. Just wait till football season comes back around. You'll hear about it!

7. Hobbies!! Ok, this is kind of cheating, but it allows me to love cooking, running, reading and Web design all in one category :) I just love learning new things!!


Next: 7 Blogs I love!
(Feel free to also join in and accept the Kreativ Blogger Award!)

From a North London Kitchen: One of my first blog friends, plus she's a really healthy/creative cook and a fantastic knitter!! Also, I know she understands the grad-school woes.

Duo Dishes: Amazing Recipes, always fun and exciting blog posts. Also one of my first blog friends!!!

Sarah Says: Sarah (lovely name!) is pregnant and just found out she is having a boy!! I love that she's sharing this journey with the blogging world.

Knitting Knoobie: I love her comments!! Always learning something from her, and her posts about NY make me want to take off for the city... she also inspires me to be a better knitter!

The Hogan Family: Cutest pictures EVER. Seriously. SO adorable. It helps that her kids are ADORABLE as well :)

Live it, Luv it: You must, must, must have sense of humor to read this blog-- and her TMI Thursdays could make Larry the Cable Guy blush. That's why I love her.

ACE! Always posting, always funny! Great blogging ideas as well.



Alright, HAPPY EASTER/PASSOVER!!!


Quick Easter Joke: Why does the easter bunny bring eggs?? Because he thinks guys should have guaranteed chicks at least once a year!!!

Haha...ha. Sorry, I really love corny jokes.



My Easter: GIRLFRIEND DUTY.

I will be with Matt and his parents all weekend at their beautiful Lake House on Lake Gaston. Where there is no internet. And no cell phone service. And no Starbucks.

But I will survive! I think. Knitting and homework time... his mom is a fabulous knitter and always helping me. And she's an amazing cook! Just a sweet lady in general. So that'll be fun... and I love their little dog Snickers, who's pretty old but still thinks he's a puppy.

For one weekend... I'll either love/relish the break from technology or go FREAKING CRAZY. I'll let you know. To be honest, I think I'll enjoy the quiet time with Matt, we've both been so busy lately!

I'm definitely bringing scrabble, though.

Happy Friday Eve!!!

~*~*~

Your
Happy-Easter/Passover-Wishing,

Baby-Nap-Lovin,
New Girl Blogger

15 comments:

rachaelgking on April 9, 2009 at 11:52 AM said...

Awwww, I heart you too! It's so good to know people appreciate my vomitous, absolutely appalling sense of humor ;-)

Ace on April 9, 2009 at 12:13 PM said...

Ha! Thanks for giving the award right back!

Stephanie on April 9, 2009 at 1:23 PM said...

I don't know what I would do either with lack of technology - love or hate.

Tamela on April 9, 2009 at 1:32 PM said...

Yikes, I bet that is a lot of crying. Hopefully the lawn mover lady will not wake him up or you at least have some aspirin for headaches!

I love corny jokes too! I love getting laffy taffy and reading the jokes and sharing them with friends and family. Normally I just get blank stares and the birds chirping in the background!

Have a fun time at the lake house! Hopefully the weather will be beautiful! See ya when you get back.

Mom on the Run on April 9, 2009 at 3:10 PM said...

I don't have your email address to give to MixMyGranola.

Contact me at smmuconn@gmail.com to get your prize!!

Susie on April 9, 2009 at 3:37 PM said...

Have a great time unplugged this weekend. We'll be unplugged too! Don't worry..it's like a ripping off a Band-Aid, it hurts initially then you're ok. HAHA!

noone on April 9, 2009 at 8:00 PM said...

Congrats on winning the contest! Hope you have a great Easter weekend!

Anonymous said...

I gave you an award!

Ron on April 10, 2009 at 1:08 AM said...

Happy Easter, Sarah!
You know, I was just wondering why the Easter Bunny always brings eggs--considering rabbits don't lay eggs....now I completley understand why, thanks to you :p

Sarah on April 10, 2009 at 9:49 AM said...

Aww, Sarah, thank you so much! I feel very honoured to be in your Fav 7.

Poor Jace.... but poor you, too. It's hard to take care of a little one that is constantly screaming, you wish you could make them happy, but at the same time you feel sorry for them because they're in so much pain.

The good thing is, eventually the teeth will be through, and the pain will be gone! Hopefully, too, the screaming. :)

Donna-FFW on April 10, 2009 at 5:19 PM said...

Congrats on your win and on your award.. you deserve both!!

Chad on April 10, 2009 at 7:42 PM said...

I'm so jealous that you play lacrosse. It's like hockey on grass, and we all know hockey is the best sport ever :)

musingwoman on April 11, 2009 at 8:51 AM said...

Hello! Found you thru Ace's tweet. Nice to meet you. :)

Amy on April 12, 2009 at 9:48 AM said...

Hope you're having a good Easter! Scrabble is probably my favourite board game. I wish I could remember how to knit...I did two dishcloths a couple years ago and now I completely forget what I'm doing :)

Jessica on April 12, 2009 at 10:27 PM said...

Molars + baby = rough.

Right?

Congrats on winning! Isn't it exciting?!

Post a Comment

“Words are the voice of the heart”

-Confucius

Thanks for your comments!