Perpetually Late? 8 things, and pictures.

Monday, May 4

Listening to "No Rain," Blind Melon.

I've been kinda busy.

Don't get me wrong, I love being busy. I'm just that kind of person-- I need a million things going on to get anything done. But lately it's been a littttle overboard. I'm running around, and I keep running late!!!

It's perpetually late mode, or that's what I think of it as when I'm really busy. Happens sometimes, the perpetually late mode. It usually calms down after a while, just gotta get through it!

What's causing perpetually late mode?

Well... I've got like 4 jobs right now. I nanny kids, tutor students, ref lacrosse games and do part-time web design.

Plus, I just started a new position in my tutoring company. They've asked me to work in the office as an administrative assistant during the day (to help with billing, file maintenance, phones, etc.). So I just started training for that. Plus, I really like blogging (and reading blogs) and knitting and books and cooking... Plus, I need money for new brakes, so I've been picking up extra jobs: extra babysitting hours, extra tutor hours, even dog sitting...

So I'm kinda busy.

BUT! I've been tagged a couple times in the "8 things" meme deal, so TA-DA! A quick, fun blog post. (Tamela, I copied this from you because I like how you put each section in a different color!)

Then, it's back to work for me.

8 things:

eight things I am looking forward to

1. The new Harry Potter movie this summer.
2. Being a TA this fall!
3. Going to Wilmington next weekend with Matt!
4. Having a dog (one day...)
5. Football Season-- fantasy football here I come!!!
6. Matt's birthday (7/5) because I already know what I'm getting him (shh!)
7. Seeing my sisters when they come home for the summer from college
8. Graduating graduate school-- May 2011!

eight things I did yesterday

1. Made stuffed shells-- YUM. Added green onions to the ricotta stuffed cheese and didn't cook the noodles much before baking the dish-- made all the difference in the world. SO good.
2. Tutored forEVER. Tutoring on the weekends when I want to hang out with Matt is hard.
3. Enjoyed WINSTON's company-- the dog we were dog sitting for the weekend. He's a cutie! I miss him already!
4. Knit some more of Abby's jacket-- the one I wrote a new pattern for. It's going well so far!
5. Ate like 5 rice krispy treats-- I made Duo Dishes' Rocky Road Rice Krispies and they're so freaking good.
6. Watched Matt play Tiger Woods on the PS3. He made like 4 hole-in-one shots.
7. Stretched. Was sore from reffing 5 games on Saturday!
8. Enjoyed the hummus I made-- steph chow's recipe is so good!! Will blog about it later.

eight things I wish I could do

1. Go to Europe with Matt. Right this second.
2. Buy a hybrid car
3. Drink coffee without worrying about whether the amount of coffee I drink *...a lot* will affect my health
4. Chop things really fast, like the food network chefs, without cutting myself
5. Take a nap every day. Can you imagine? Would be wonderful...
6. play tennis
7. never lock my keys in my car again *yeah right...*
8. paint. I'm not very artistic. But it would be nice.

eight shows I watch on TV (I don't get to watch too much TV, and if we do it's sports usually, but Matt and I watch TV shows on DVD, or off the Netflix site, so I'm going to list those...)


1. Sex and the City (I have seen every episode and own all seasons.)
2. The Office (We just started watching! We're on season 3-- hilarious!!)
3. Entourage (LOVE. Can't wait for the new season to come out on DVD this summer)
4. Gilmore Girls (Miss it)
5. House (Haven't seen a lot of episodes but it's so good!)
... that's all I can think of! I'll add the three movies that I watch so much, they might as well be TV shows on my television:
6. You've Got Mail
7. When Harry Met Sally
8. Armageddon (seriously, I know every word. Don't know why, love that movie!)

random pictures to go along with this post:

winston
Winstonnnnnnnnnn. He was such a good
puppy while he was visiting. I should
be a professional dog sitter. We had
a blast :)


...I know he looks annoyed. But that's just
because I kept
moving around with the
camera in his face trying to get
a good
picture. He was a good sport about it.


stuffed shells 2
Stuffed shelllls. Mmmmmm. Oh, can't
see them? That's cause they're hiding under
the cheese...


made a 9 x 13 sized dish of the shells.
they're already half gone... which isn't
that impressive, except that the only people
eating all those stuffed shells are matt
and I. that's a lot of stuffed shells
for just two people.


Photobucket
Adult rice krispy treats? Even more mmmm.

egg salad
I did end up making egg salad for Matt :)


vt: nice, toyota. nice.
nice. every toyota should come this way.

referee
after referee x5-- it was a
long day. Ignore the sweat.
I know you're jealous of the
stripes, anyway.


(and if my parents or Matt are reading this--
no, I did not take this picture while I was
driving. I was in the car, but it was a long red
light, I was bored and thinking about my blog, and
then I thought of taking a picture. So don't worry.)

~*~*~

Your tired, busy, but-loving-it,
New Girl Blogger

21 comments:

April on May 4, 2009 at 3:06 PM said...

First, LOVING Blind Melon. Now I'm singing it in my head, thanks.
Second, totally CAN'T WAIT for the next Harry Potter!
Third, I miss Gilmore Girls too. I used to watch it with my mom before I got married. House is great. He's such an ass- I love it! You've Got Mail - one of my all time fave movies. F-O-X!
Fourth, holy cow the treats look yummy! I may just have to make those - HOWEVER - you may not remember, I can't make rice krispy treats well. So...it'll be a challenge.
Fifth, DIGGIN' THE STRIPES!!!!

BTW - I've traveled with both the girls alone before and usually have to tow along car seats and a stroller. It's not much fun and people tend to stare rather than offer assistance. So - this trip was super easy in comparison. : ) But I miss her soo much!! I'm having fun with all the one-on-one time I get with Quinn, but still...I MISS KENNA!! She's the mischievous one - so things have been pretty mild and calm at my house. I'm used to the chaos! LOL. I'll see her on Wednesday - I can hold out...I think. : )

Fidgeting Gidget on May 4, 2009 at 3:10 PM said...

You're a fantasy footballer, too?!?!? Whoa! I love that! I thought I was the only other girl who played.

Do you have that stuffed shell recipe somewhere? It looks awesome!

Love the ref pic! The pink hat makes the striped shirt look almost feminine!

thegamerswife on May 4, 2009 at 3:19 PM said...

Oh my gosh you have so many things going on! I don't know how you handle it all, because I certainly would be stressed right now! But, I think I often work best when I'm super busy...otherwise I tend to procrastinate when I just have one task to do on my list!

I definitely want to take the husband to Europe some day, AND get a hybrid, AND learn to super chop too! Hahaha :)

Sarah Glova on May 4, 2009 at 4:03 PM said...

jeremyandgirls-- haha I do remember your trouble with rice krispy treats. this recipe is so good, you'll want to try again!! And I totally understand about only having 1/2 of the daughter pair! She'll be back soon :)

gamer's wife-- who doesn't want to take their beau to Europe?!?! I feel like it's on everyone's list :)

fidgitinggidget-- haha the ref shirt is the opposite of feminine, so the pink hat does help :) the stuffed shells recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Stuffed-Shells-III/Detail.aspx is where I got it, but I skip the eggs and mushroom... I also don't cook the noodles al dente, I cook them even less than that!! As long as you cover the dish with foil and bake for a while they'll still cook all the way.

This time I also added green onion to the ricotta stuffing, and I added Parmesan cheese on top of the mozzarella cheese. yum!

haha I guess I should just write my own little recipe. but it's one of those fun dishes you can kind of adapt to your own!

Susie on May 4, 2009 at 4:09 PM said...

I can't wait for the HP movie release either! The boys and I were so disappointed when it was postponed.

Brett Alexandra on May 4, 2009 at 6:27 PM said...

Wow! You are one busy girl! Those stuffed shells look mouth watering. I want to make some right now! I love the back of that truck too!!:) Awesome!

That is an adorable pic of you, too.

:)

Sarah on May 4, 2009 at 8:45 PM said...

Football! WOO!

I love football. I never watched it growing up, it's just since I met Tyler that I've watched it, and it's now my favourite sport to watch! So looking forward to the next season. :)

Sounds like you are crazy busy lately! Don't forget to pause for some "me" time, or some "you and me" time with your honey, you don't want to get burned out before this year is even half over.

Oh, and when you do someday get a dog, I recommend Labradors. Our lab is the best. dog. ever. So sweet and good-natured, so fun and full of spirit! I love my girl. :)

Sebastian Anthony on May 4, 2009 at 10:31 PM said...

You're such a killjoy! Chele recently video blogged WHILE driving...! See, that's serious blogging dedication right there -- 'When can I find time to sit and talk to a camera for 2 minutes? In the middle of busy, Thailand traffic of course!'

Love the strips; almost as much as the rice krispy treats...

Donna-FFW on May 4, 2009 at 10:48 PM said...

My goodness, you must be exhausted. You are so busy. How do you find time to cook? I am impressed, your shells look terrific and those rice krispy treats too.. I wish Sex and the City was still on TV.. Now, go relax..

green ink on May 5, 2009 at 7:00 AM said...

Wow, there's busy and then there's you! :P

I miss Gilmore Girls too! It's one of those series I'd like to start watching again, from start to finish.

Hope you've managed to factor in some "Sarah time" over the past day or so! xx

Kim on May 5, 2009 at 1:05 PM said...

You are too cute.

I agree with ALL your TV! I've rewatched/watched all of those probably more than I want to admit. I mean, what else am I supposed to do in Peace Corps?

You're such a busy bee! It's crazy! I feel the total opposite! It's weird. I think Peace Corps has taught me to slow down a bit, but I don't know how the heck that'll work when I'm back in the homeland!

stephchows on May 5, 2009 at 2:00 PM said...

Awesome!!! I'm so happy you liked the hummus! wooohooo!! :D I made some this weekend too :)

Suz on May 5, 2009 at 4:09 PM said...

Thanks for the 20something heads up - looks like a wicked place to click around and waste precious time :-).

You look adorable in those black and white stripes - If you ever go to jail... well.. I guess thats orange now, but shh.

As for all that coffee - it has antioxidants. They're good for you, I swear!

Samantha on May 5, 2009 at 9:11 PM said...

I think I'd have to drink more than one [large] cup of coffee a day to keep up with you! You're one busy girl! You're getting so much accomplished, which I admire... but take time for a nap every once in a while! You deserve it. :) What are you and Matt planning to do in Wilmington? Another great place that I love!

I'm so in the mood for a good Sex & the City rerun now.... :)

Anonymous said...

I am always late too, don't feel bad. I try to leave early, but I think the clock just likes to run faster when it knows I have to be somewhere..

Yay for 8 things!

Winston looks adorable..too bad you couldn't keep him! hehe

Love the stripes.

Cucinista on May 9, 2009 at 5:28 AM said...

Your play list is taking me back and evoking serious high school memories. Suddenly 15 again and the world is fully of angst and possibility...

me on May 10, 2009 at 4:32 PM said...

Your blog is a lot of fun! I'm glad to have discoved it. Keep up all the fun!!!

Anonymous said...

You know how to stay busy! Glad you enjoyed the rice krispie treats. You ate well that day. Yum.

Ron on May 11, 2009 at 8:42 PM said...

Man, I thought I was busy, but you're extremly busy!!!
Speaking of Hummus, I had some this weekend at a Lebanese restaurant...also had fatouch (arabic salad), have had it before?

rachaelgking on May 12, 2009 at 10:49 AM said...

"Matt's birthday (7/5) because I already know what I'm getting him (shh!)"

Haha we are such dorks! B's isn't until August THIRTIETH and I already know! :-)

knitseashore on May 12, 2009 at 4:13 PM said...

Just catching up on your blog posts, and wow you have been busy! Congratulations on your TA spot!!!

I've only been to England twice and south of France once, but it is so gorgeous I hope to go back someday. Am working on a scrapbook project now with photos of that trip, and am enjoying reliving it!

I met Chris my husband in college too -- I think it's the best way to meet someone and we have had lots of good times since. :)

Post a Comment

“Words are the voice of the heart”

-Confucius

Thanks for your comments!