Baby gift ideas & Cooking Goals for Memorial Weekend

Thursday, May 21

Listening to "What'd I Say," Ray Charles.

First of all, thank LesJouJou for participating in that fun How We Met idea I had way back in this post...

How We Met

Telling the story of how Matt and I met was fun, but reading your story was even more fun! I am such a romantic sap... can't help it.

Anyone else wants to participate, feel free! Would even love it if you used that picture up there. Just be sure to let me know so I can soak up the sappyness. Love it!

~*~*~

Cooking Goals for
Memorial Day Weekend:

-Duo Dishes' Sweet and Spicy Meetballs
- From a North London Kitchen (who found the recipe on her friend Batter Splattered's blog)'s Double Chocolate Biscottis. Yum!

Might make some more things as well... but don't want to over-commit. This recipe blogroll idea has worked out pretty well! Plus, you've all been posting some great recipes. Can't wait to make another recipe blogroll when I've finished this one! I already know what like, half of the dishes will be!


Knitting Update:

Abby's jacket is coming along nicely!

Can't believe this pattern is actually working!

Photobucket
Good progress... definitely not finished
haha. Arms to come soon.. I know it looks
rough, but it's not done! Don't worry!



Baby Update:

(Sorry, still can't tell you who the proud, soon-to-have-twins Momma is yet! Soon!)

Instead of knitting her something... how about I get her this?


Hi! I'm Alien Baby, commin out of your front
just to say hello.




No?

~*~*~

Your kidding-about-the-baby-gift,
excited-for-Memorial-Day,
third-cup-of-coffee-drinking
New Girl Blogger

20 comments:

Unknown on May 21, 2009 at 2:43 PM said...

HAHAHHA i love the alien baby pouch, you should get it for her just for laughs! :) It kinda reminds me of the snuggy...have you heard of it? its in one of those infomercials and wearing it makes you look like you're in a cult. haha! :)

Ace on May 21, 2009 at 3:20 PM said...

The jacket looks great so far!

Sebastian Anthony on May 21, 2009 at 3:41 PM said...

I like the way you call it... 'this'.

Does that... thing... even have a name?

Mrs. VanMiddendorp on May 21, 2009 at 6:26 PM said...

Yummy! The chocolate biscotti sounds great, especially with some coffee! The jacket looks so cute too!

Thanks for those kind words on my blog! Things are settling a bit and we are taking up a collection to help with funeral arrangements

Anonymous said...

The jacket is coming together nicely! That alien baby jacket is creepy. Very creepy!

sarah on May 21, 2009 at 7:49 PM said...

i just read the story about how you met matt. its cute. very very very cute!

and , i know this is a dumb cornyish thing to say, but i feel like in real life we would be friends! although i already have waaay too many friends called sarah ;p my official nickname is `2` we all just have numbers

also - what is memorial day? :) i could google it but i am lazy

The Duo Dishes on May 21, 2009 at 7:59 PM said...

It's a baby snuggie!!!! How fun is that!!!! You'll love the meatballs. They're super easy! We want to see the biscotti though. We've yet to try a biscotti recipe, so it builds our confidence when we read others' recipes. :)

Rebecca on May 22, 2009 at 4:21 AM said...

Great work on the jacket, the pattern looks like it's going really well, can't wait to see it finished.

I made the biscotti again the other day. So good with coffee, oh yes! I hope it works out for you.

Have a great weekend.

Kim on May 22, 2009 at 4:42 AM said...

My brother and his wife just had their baby! I think in your time zone yesterday...

And, I've had that biscotti recipe marked since I saw the link on your page. I need to get an oven, first. So, probably not until September. Yum!

Stephanie on May 22, 2009 at 9:49 AM said...

Glad you enjoyed our story! Everyone always freaks out about the cuteness of meeting in France.

If I ever saw someone wearing that alien baby thing, I would freak out.

Tony on May 22, 2009 at 10:55 AM said...

That baby holder looks neither comfortable nor flattering. I think I'd prefer balancing the baby on my head.

Sarah on May 22, 2009 at 11:11 AM said...

Actually, I've read studies that show that babies who are held close to their mother's bodies all the time are more content, healthier, and more confident as adults.

That being said, OH MAN is that thing UGLY!

HA!

I'd consider getting some kind of wrap to carry my baby on my back, like mothers in Africa do, but that thing is crossing the "way too ugly" line. It looks like the baby is bursting out of the mother's chest.. yuck.

The jacket looks great so far! I'm sure Abby will LOVE it!

Laura M on May 22, 2009 at 11:28 AM said...

Found your blog through 20sb....and LOVE IT!!! Did you create your template?

Unknown on May 22, 2009 at 10:00 PM said...

I think I'll stay away from the "how we met" thing considering my situation, but I loved the "kangaroo pouch" part of your post. I say go for it! (Okay, not really, but it is hilarious)

chow and chatter on May 22, 2009 at 10:15 PM said...

what a cute clog you have love the concept of being the new girl will follow have a fab weekend all the best with the cooking

me on May 23, 2009 at 12:25 AM said...

I love the jacket - great spring green color that will be perfect for all seasons! What a lucky bambino to receive it!
crack up of the alien suit...it would be warm, but looks....alien... you described it perfectly!!!!

Marta on May 23, 2009 at 7:43 PM said...

That looks really hard to knit! Wow, I'm going to start harassing you with my knitting questions soon! Haha
Great cooking plans for this weekend! Enjoy the holiday!
M

Ron on May 24, 2009 at 12:22 AM said...

Love biscotti's!! My mouth is watery just thinking about. In fact, I always get a watery mouth whenever i read your cooking goals!! Baby alien thingy looks scary. I'd get a backpack :p

stephchows on May 26, 2009 at 11:36 AM said...

That baby fleece thing just made me bust out laughing!

Lisa on February 21, 2013 at 6:57 PM said...

The jacket looks so cute and adorable. I love it! Thank you for sharing.

Post a Comment

“Words are the voice of the heart”

-Confucius

Thanks for your comments!