He loves me. He loves me not? He loves me. He loves me even though I bake really gross cookies?... He must love me.
As you can see with the big one, I was trying to get creative... a couple of them do kinda look like hearts... kinda...
Boyfriend has eaten more than his fair share of bad meals. I've burned things, forgotten ingredients, "improvised" and worse... but I thought I could handle some out-of-the-package cookie mix.
On Valentine's Day, I bought two packages of dry cookie mix and my first set of cookie cutters. I mixed quickly, cut out some shapes, baked, and when boyfriend got home the house smelled really good! The first cookie was ok... but then after they spent a couple hours in tupperware, they were hard. Like, tooth-breaking hard. I was so confused!
We were joking about the cookies later that night...
- Me: You should just take them to work! Boyfriend: But I want my co-workers to like me...
- Boyfriend: If we don't eat them all we can just throw them outside for the birds! Me: No way they'll eat them, they'll think they're rocks.
- Boyfriend: What did you get the new cookie cutters for? I saw them in the drawer... Me: I used the cookie cutters!! You couldn't tell!? Boyfriend: ...Of course I could tell. ...Which cookie cutter did you use? (for the record, I was trying to use the heart.)
In picture-- They're so crunchy, I've been pretending they're biscottis!
New Girl Lessons of the Day:
- When baking cookies, remove from oven JUST BEFORE they're done-- they bake a little extra on the sheet. Not doing so will make your cookies really, really crunchy. Didn't know
- If using a cookie cutter, you have to have a really flat cookie. If it's too vertical, it'll spread out and the shape you cookie-cutted will disappear.
- A nice boyfriend will still eat a couple.