CFP News, Baby Blanket and TWINS update!

Tuesday, September 22

Listening to "Extraordinary Girl," Green Day.

What a great morning... I have a new coffee mug, the window open to the rain, and my books spread out just waiting to be read.

But! I wanted to put my homework on hold, in order to tell you a couple things...

First, MATT passed his CFP EXAM!

You might remember me talking about his ridiculous course load, or all the studying he was doing over the year, and how he was a complete study zombie before the exam last July... well, we finally heard and he passed his FIRST time around.

There was only a 50% pass rate, and the rate was MUCH lower for first-time test takers... but he still passed. Because he's amazing.

We actually found out about a week ago, but I've been spending time thinking of something special to do for him to help us celebrate...

I have one idea, but can't really tell you yet because he's been known to poke around here some... but it's pretty silly, so if I end up doing it I'll let you know :)

But congratulations, Matt! I knew you could do it! I'm so very, very proud of you and feel very lucky to be your girlfriend, because I know I'm going to get to see you do more amazing things in the future!!

~*~*~

KNITTING!

I promised :)

I am currently knitting a cuuute little baby blanket, pattern on ravelry: Savannah's blankie by Amy-lynne Mitchell.

Below: Amy-lynne's picture of the blanket:


And then my progress so far...


I'm using the Mission Falls %100 cotton, which is so soft and nice to knit with! Small skeins... but makes it easier to carry the project around :)

Color: Lemongrass.


I know what you're thinking... my step-mom is pregnant with TWINS. Shouldn't I be making two of these?

Yes, Yes... but this one isn't for Maranna, it's for my friend and former co-worker Lori, whose fiancie's sister-in-law is preggers as well.

So here's a preview, Lori! Hope you like it so far!

~*~*~

As for the twins...

My step-mom and the babies are doing great, aaaaannnnnddd her BABY SHOWER is this Saturday!

So I'll be back with lots of fun pictures of baby things that make us all go "awwwww."

Plus, I got her the CUTEST baby shower gifts... but can't share just yet. Promise to show, though!

Also... I'm going to try and bake something new and yummy in the loaf pan that Peggy gifted me to celebrate our first day back in school. Can't wait to show you that, either!!!

But for now, back to coffee and homework...

Your about-to-scarf-down-some-cheerios,
loving-the-new-coffee-mug,
hoping-for-more-time-to-knit,
enjoyin-the-rainy-morning,
New Girl Blogger

25 comments:

April on September 22, 2009 at 9:20 AM said...

Wow - lots going on! How fun! Congrats to Matt for passing his test. That's so awesome!!

I also wanted to tell you - I found pumpkin beer!! I totally bought it and it was yummy! I wasn't sure what to expect - but I was definitely pleasantly surprised! I took a pic of it - and I'll blog about it eventually! : )

April on September 22, 2009 at 9:23 AM said...

Oh, also - I know how you 1. LOVE coffee and 2. like to learn how to make new things. So, this kinda combines the two!
http://theyellowdoorpaperie.blogspot.com/2009/09/30-days-of-happiness-pumpkin-spice.html

Check out that link - it's to my cousin's friend from college (Iowa). She made homemade pumpkin spice lattes. Yum.

Melanie's Randomness on September 22, 2009 at 10:45 AM said...

Congrats to Matt!! That blanket looks beautiful, I like the pattern!! GOOD LUCK with the blankets!

Anonymous said...

The blankets are adorable!

Aubrey on September 22, 2009 at 11:01 AM said...

Your blanket looks great so far. Congrats to your man and have fun at the shower this weekend!

Kim on September 22, 2009 at 11:54 AM said...

I have no idea how you find the time to knit with the whirlwinds of school, grading papers, cooking, and generally being awesome. I guess it just adds to the last part. :)

I had a rainy day with coffee, too, today! I've been a bit under the weather, so to speak, so I've been lazy watching Seinfeld. Not productive, haha. I did make a yummy egg drop soup again, though!

Kim on September 22, 2009 at 11:57 AM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kathy b on September 22, 2009 at 12:53 PM said...

Great test taking to the boyfriend. !!!! Congrats.

As for the blanket, it is a darling.

My thought on twins is that you make one big blanket for both of them in the beginning. :) Twins always get put together anyhow!

Sarah on September 22, 2009 at 1:10 PM said...

Hurray! Congratulations, Matt! That's awesome. :-)

That blanket it so adorable! You are so talented, you really are. I can't wait to start knitting (I haven't started yet, but my sister keeps bugging me to come over so she can show me how, so it's going to happen soon! :-D )

Won't be long now until you get to hold your new baby brothers/sisters/maybe-one-of-each! So happy for you, Sarah!

Peggy on September 22, 2009 at 2:37 PM said...

I'm very impressed you found time to knit. The blanket looks adorable.

Have fun baking! :-)

Brittany on September 22, 2009 at 5:55 PM said...

I wish I could knit. Turns out, it's just not one of my talents. That's ok, I'll stick with cooking and drinking wine. I'm SUPER good at that stuff, lol. Hope the rest of your day is going great!

Amy on September 22, 2009 at 7:22 PM said...

congratulations to Matt! what a smarty :)
nice progress on the blanket, too.
i love how something like a new coffee mug can totally make the entire day.

knitseashore on September 23, 2009 at 11:17 AM said...

Congratulations to Matt! What an accomplishment!! It reminds me of when Chris took the bar exam. All that studying, all that worrying. So glad it's over for you both!!

The baby blanket looks cute! You have gotten a lot done on it so far!

Susie on September 23, 2009 at 11:46 AM said...

Yay Matt! Congratulations! Looking forward to see all the goodies you're alluding to.

Ali on September 23, 2009 at 11:38 PM said...

Your blanket is looking great so far! I'm impressed.

And congrats Matt! First time around, what a winner!

Nikolett on September 24, 2009 at 10:44 AM said...

Aww, this post is so happy! Congrats to Matt, to your amazing knitting talent, and to the twins. And yay for a new coffee mug, you better take a picture of that :D

Lauren From Texas on September 25, 2009 at 7:28 PM said...

so cute! you have a lot of talent :)

sarah on September 26, 2009 at 12:21 AM said...

yay yay matt!!!

your blanket looks so great, se! i love how awesome you are. i missed you, same-name-friend! cant wait to see what youve been up to.

Clelia on September 26, 2009 at 10:33 AM said...

Congrants Matt...I passed my Master as well... so good... I really like your knitting job... I would like to learn how to knit, I tried once but... it's not working for me :)

Clelia

Mrs. VanMiddendorp on September 26, 2009 at 4:14 PM said...

What a cute blanket!!!

Cucinista on October 7, 2009 at 6:25 PM said...

Your post fills me with love.

Love: Green Day shout out
Love: rockin' out baby blanket
Love: rainy mornings with books and a hot beverage

Aubrey on October 8, 2009 at 2:48 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aubrey on October 8, 2009 at 2:49 PM said...

Hope that things are coming along. I gave you an award on my blog.

Никушка on October 12, 2009 at 1:16 AM said...

Hello! My name is Nika! I so like your blog! We are from Russia. My husband and I to work with students. We organize many clubs to construct attitudes friendship and to speak them about the Christ. I have ladys club, we to do hand made cards, scrapbook, quilt and crosstitch. It is good opportunity to testify about our God and His love! We have 2 daughters. Polina is 9 years and Liliya is 3 years.And if you are interesting about us I shall be glad give answer to you. I will glad if you can write me.Sorry my English. Nika
--
You can vizit to my blog http://christforchristglory.blogspot.com
and our family ministry blog
http://fareastrussiaforgodsglory.blogspot.com

and my russian blog:
http://nikacraft.blogspot.com/

prashant on December 25, 2009 at 9:59 AM said...

What a cute blanket!!!
Make website india

Post a Comment

“Words are the voice of the heart”

-Confucius

Thanks for your comments!