Birthday Bonanza! + Promises for Recipe Reviews

Sunday, July 12

Listening to "Hometown Glory," Adele.

I am a little embarrassed...

...feel as though I might be scolded...

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!

Sorry! It's been over a week since I blogged. Last post, I was blabbing about Matt's birthday, then a busy week of tutoring and Web Design got the best of me, and then...

before I knew it, there was another birthday to celebrate...

But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Matt's Birthday:
  • You may recall... he had to spend the whole Birthday/4th July weekend in his online class (his CFP exam is THIS FRIDAY, the 17th!!!! He's studying while I type this :p )

  • We did go out for 4th of July-- to a baseball game with hot dogs, some beers and fireworks.
Photobucket
The Will-Call lady randomly gave us two free,
unclaimed tickets! I thanked her and immediately
gushed, "It's his birthday!!!" He's got good
karma, I guess :)

  • His birthday DAY (the 5th) I gave him his big surprise present-- GOLF LESSONS!

    That's not even the best part.

    They're couples lessons.

    For the two of us.

    To learn golf.

    Together.

    Dorky? Corny? Yes.

    You may be thinking... uh, Sarah... does your boyfriend maybe want lessons of his own? Without you hanging around? I mean, you guys already live together... he can have his own hobbies...

    Well, don't you worry. Luckily, my boyfriend likes me and we've been talking forever about how we'd like to learn golf together. So he was very surprised and excited.

    I got him two lessons; we'll have our own instructor, and any equipment we don't have we can rent--free of charge (well, free because we paid for the lessons, anyway). And since it's a gift certificate, we can have the lessons whenever we want!

  • Oh, and we went out to dinner to The Melting Pot. YUM!!! And romantic, in a fun way; since you do have to spend time cooking your food it's not a dinner you can rush through. We had fun :) Definitely couldn't afford to go there every month, but it was worth the visit. I'm a new fondue fan!!
So Matt had a successful birthday... despite the studying.

...and like I said, he's still studying.

But it'll finally be over this week!

(can you tell that I'm a little more than a little bit exited about Matt finally taking this test on Friday? He's seriously a study zombie.)

~*~*~

Who else had a birthday?

ABBY!!!

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY ABBY!!

Since it was her 1st Birthday... it'll obviously be best explained in pictures...

Mom Allie makes Abby a special ladybug cake...


Abby does a great job of eating the cake
like the big one-year-old Abbster that she is...

After a quick bath and outfit change,
Abby opens presents!


And, after all the excitement, takes a quick
nap on her Aunt Sarah :)

It was a lovely birthday :)

Now I'm home and tired.

~*~*~

But I promise, next post, no more birthday madness!

Instead, reviews of:

-Duo Dishes' Molten Chocolate Cake (was Matt's birthday cake!)
-My Tasty Treasures' Flank Steak (yum! just wait!)

Till then, I'm going to enjoy my boyfriend's company (he was studying all weekend and couldn't make it to Abby's festivities), finish my tutor reports and try to catch up on Love in the Time of Cholera! My Mom's already finished!


~*~*~

Your about-to-read,
still-knitting-checkers,
counting-down-'till-HP,
New Girl Blogger

26 comments:

Iva Messy on July 12, 2009 at 8:50 PM said...

awww! how adorable is she! YAY! Happy birthday to the both of them, and good luck to him on his exam :0)....ohh and I like the birthday madness :)

Unknown on July 12, 2009 at 9:36 PM said...

aww i think its sweet that you guys took lessons together! :)

and oh my gosh...that ladybug cake is AWESOME! she looked like she enjoyed it! ;P

chow and chatter on July 12, 2009 at 10:00 PM said...

happy birthday to Matt love your gift idea and Abby is so cute

Donna-FFW on July 12, 2009 at 11:30 PM said...

Sounds like the perfect present for your boyfriend. Little Abby is just adorable. You too!

Ali on July 13, 2009 at 12:04 AM said...

Such happy birthday madness! That Abby is absolutely adorable.

Suz on July 13, 2009 at 12:31 AM said...

You gushed. You're hilarious, and I love you for it.

Happy birthday to Matt and Abby! Her sweater looks adorable, and couples golf lessons is probably the most Cary-ish thing I've heard in a while. I'm glad its coming from you.

Good luck to Matt for his exam - I hope he does really well so I won't have to be all sad about not seeing you. We WILL make it happen.

Ella Everywhere on July 13, 2009 at 4:31 AM said...

those pics of Abby and the cake are too cute! I love them!

Couples golf lessons sound like such a cute idea!

I'm counting down to HP too! But I have to wait until I get home to see it. Ahhhh!

The Duo Dishes on July 13, 2009 at 1:08 PM said...

Hope the molten cakes turned out well for you. It's chocolate overload, right? Guess we'll see what you thought. Adele had a concert here in LA at the Hollywood Bowl. A-mazing.

Stephanie on July 13, 2009 at 1:42 PM said...

I went to the Melting Pot for my 20th birthday. I was SOOO good. I've been schemeing about how to get back there. haha

Sarah on July 13, 2009 at 3:23 PM said...

Mmm fondue! I love fondue, it's so much fun! My family used to have fondue every year for New Years, but since everyone started having kids (there will be 18 grandkids for my parents after my baby is born... yikes!) we haven't been able to do it.

That Abby is so darling! That cake looks yummy, too. I bet she had fun demolishing it!

Good luck to Matt with his exam! Hope you guys have fun playing golf together!
Ty and I play golf once a year, because the company we work for treats all it's employees to a golf day. It's a lot of fun, as long as you don't mind sucking at golf! Lol!

stephchows on July 13, 2009 at 4:03 PM said...

Sounds like a whole lot of fun to me :)

sheep#100 on July 13, 2009 at 4:35 PM said...

Nothing at all corny about learning something new as a couple. We learned cake decorating a year and a half ago and, yeah, Number Guy was the only guy in the class but he was one of the better decorators. Good luck!

green ink on July 13, 2009 at 4:55 PM said...

Abby and the cake looks like my first birthday, 27 years ago!! :P

Sounds like Matt had a great day - I had a giggle over the "Uh, Sarah..." bit!! I'm a bit like that too with my man, thinking I should get him something else for his birthday other than a trip to Paris with ME, who he sees every day :P ha ha.

Abby looks very comfy snuggling up to you.

xx

sarah on July 13, 2009 at 7:09 PM said...

happy birthday matt! we have the same birthday! we are obviously two people of very high calibre.

also, i adore adore adore golf. its not DORKY! you keep that filthy D word away from the sport of the gods.

Ali on July 13, 2009 at 7:27 PM said...

One more thing: check out my blog for a little present. One that you maaay already have, but still deserve nevertheless!

chadski on July 13, 2009 at 10:50 PM said...

Ah, don't worry about it. Blog neglect happens to the best of us :)

Good job finding a birthday present that the both of you are going to enjoy. Finding those things can really help a lasting relationship. I think. Maybe. Actually, I don't really know how to make a relationship last, but at least it makes sense.

chadski on July 13, 2009 at 10:52 PM said...

Oh, and good choice of song. It's actually the only Adele song I have. Gonna have to remedy that.

April on July 13, 2009 at 11:24 PM said...

What a great girlfriend you are! Sounds like you've been busy (lucky you!). We'll be wishing him all the luck from here (I hope it gets there in time!). Love the pics from Abby's bday - looks like she partied pretty hard. No better way to do it!

Susie on July 14, 2009 at 7:13 AM said...

Happy Belated to Matt! Looks like a great time was had by all. I love that you're doing golf lessons together. Isn't it nice when your significant other is also your best friend? Mine still is even after 22 years together!

Peggy on July 14, 2009 at 2:51 PM said...

Glad you guys had a fun 4th of July/birthday weekend in the midst of all the studying!

Thanks for letting me know about the comments problem on my blog -- I hope it's fixed now!

knitseashore on July 14, 2009 at 3:14 PM said...

So glad Matt had a great birthday despite all the studying! You are an awesome girlfriend to treat him to golf lessons. I am totally into the bike racing thing for my guy, but when he was into golf, he had to go that one alone. :)

I'm glad Abby had a great day too!

Knitlark on July 14, 2009 at 3:49 PM said...

I started golf lessons with my hub a couple of years ago. We LOVE it! It takes a while to get the hang of it, but it comes if you are patient. We have a blast golfing together and going on golf trips. Enjoy this -- it will be loads of fun.

Hope your knitting is going well. I love that part of my life, too. I am working today on Episode 19 of my podcast, Knitlark Lane.

Have a great day.
Knitlark

Kristin on July 14, 2009 at 5:23 PM said...

Looks like you had a fun time with all the birthdays! Our big birthday time is in December-perfect timing with the rest of the holidays. I don't know if I could handle couples golf with my husband. He already golfs, but he's way too competitive. Have fun with it!

Kim on July 15, 2009 at 1:21 AM said...

:( I left a comment last night, but it didn't show up! Boo!

Anyways, your pictures are fabulously adorable! And! I'm glad that you sound so happy! :)

GOLF LESSONS?! That's awesome! I've been talking about how much I miss golf and driving ranges lately. Yes, I completely suck at golf, but I think it's fun, none the less.

Favorite, you are too cool.

foodcreate on July 15, 2009 at 3:00 PM said...

Beautiful! Your photos are Lovely ~

Thanks for sharing your photos and B-Day !


Welcome~~~
http://foodcreate.com
Sign Up for Our Newsletter / Cents.Off Coupons
and if you can visit me I can visit you:)


Have a wonderful Day!

Sebastian Anthony on July 21, 2009 at 6:30 PM said...

Red hair!!

Am I meant to say 'You'd make a great mother' or do I say that in another year or two...?

Post a Comment

“Words are the voice of the heart”

-Confucius

Thanks for your comments!