Just to make sure you heard me... more about BREAKFAST!

Monday, August 17

Listening to "Hide and Seek," Imogen Heap.
(Impossible to get sick of this song)

You crazy breakfast-skippers!!

So many of you commented about busy mornings filled with granola bars or--WORSE--nothing!!

And, of course, others of you acknowledged the awesome power of breakfasts :)

And other comment notes... Ali-- that award was for you too! Thanks for all your great comments! And April, from JeremyandGirls, CONGRATS!!!!! GOIN' BACK TO SCHOOL!! YOU'RE AWESOME!! Don't be nervous; you're going to be awesome and I can't wait to read about it. Congrats again! Debby, I definitely think this quiche would be a good lunch dish as well :) Brett Alexandra-- I have a canon digital rebel xt that I loooove. And Kathy-- You're a busy Mom!! Get someone to make this quiche for you :-D

~*~*~
Cooking Update

So, for all you breakfast skippers, I thought I'd tempt you one more time.

Quiche, Take 2

Meet the cheesy potato-onion quiche, with a strawberry & blueberry side.
MMMmmm, right?!

Sunday Preparation for Cheesy Potato-Onion Quiche:
-Chop 2 medium-sized potatoes; try for smaller, square pieces. No need to peel or cook first! Easy-peasy!
-Chop 1 white onion
-Dice up some scallions / green onion (aren't those the same thing? I'm never sure)
-Mix onion, potato, scallions and 1 cup shredded cheese (pick your fav! We used cheddar) in sprayed pie pan/dish.
-In separate bowl, mix 3 eggs, 1 1/4 cup milk. (No need to add biscuit mix this time; potatoes help to bring balance to the dish)
-Pour mixture over potato/onion mix in dish.
-Top with a little salt and pepper, then add a top coat extra cheese
-Bake at 425 for 20 minutes; cut "X" in the top cheese (which should be baked hard), then bake for additional 10 minutes.

YUM!

Fruit Tips:
-On Sunday, grab some of your favorite fruit from the grocery store.
-Clean, and chop into bite-sized pieces. Put into freezer bag and store in fridge.
-Each morning, take out a cup of your mixed fruit!
-Like it sweet? Sprinkle fruit with a half packet of Splenda or Equal!

Now if that's not an easy, yummy morning... I don't know what is!

~*~*~

Now, this week is jam-packed for me.

Because...

IT'S THE FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!

Just picture me jumping up and down.

I'm so excited.

On Sunday morning I made Matt look at my binder and all my hole-punched syllabi.

CAN'T wait!!

On that note-- off to do some more reading :)

EAT BREAKFAST, PEOPLE!!

~*~*~

Your running-around, breakfast-obsessed
loving-orientation, smiling-for-my-new-student-ID,
TRYING TO FIND TIME TO KNIT and BLOG READ,
New Girl Blogger

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm that breakfast looks yummy! I am sadly one of those no breakfasters. I am trying to get better though!

Yay for back to school!!

The Duo Dishes on August 17, 2009 at 6:58 PM said...

Breakfast is never skipped. That's blasphemy! Your pic is great though.

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} on August 17, 2009 at 7:19 PM said...

Oh the potato quiche looks so delicious! I am definitely go to try this one!

You're seriously making me want to go back to school again what with all the pretty school supplies and talk of syllabi!

Ali on August 17, 2009 at 9:48 PM said...

I forgot to tell you just HOW much I love the organization of your blog. It's so great, haha. I have a feeling we're very alike in that way! And thanks for the shout out! I am honored. :)

Peggy on August 17, 2009 at 10:21 PM said...

Ok, when did you find time to do this post today??? ;-)

See ya in class!

- Your non-printing-syllabi-might-remember-to-put-notebooks-in-her-backpack friend. :-)

Donna-FFW on August 18, 2009 at 7:33 AM said...

I love the sound of your quiche looks fantastic!!! I hope the beginnings of your school days go well. Your enthusiasm is so adorable!

Samantha on August 18, 2009 at 12:37 PM said...

Honestly, I am a breakfast skipper. But I am going to attempt that quiche recipe - it looks so delicious!

Good luck with school!! Can't wait for some updates on how it's going!

Samantha on August 18, 2009 at 7:58 PM said...

P.S. I made the quiche today! I love it! So easy, too.

Sebastian Anthony on August 19, 2009 at 11:02 AM said...

That particular album by Imogen Heap is nearly on my daily playlist... and you're right, I never get bored of it :)

Chelsea on August 19, 2009 at 2:31 PM said...

I used to love quiche. Then I had a bad one about ten years ago. Haven't eaten it since. I guess I should give it a go. I think I could get on board with a cheesy potato onion quice!

Iva Messy on August 19, 2009 at 4:37 PM said...

The cheesy potato-onion quiche looks amazing!! YAY for school!! YAY!! :)

Kim on August 19, 2009 at 5:22 PM said...

I have an extra quiche crust in my freezer. I think I will make YOURS this weekend! Delicious, I sure!

Hooray! for school! I'm so excited for you, dear! Enjoy the hole punched papers in your super cool binder!

Ella Everywhere on August 19, 2009 at 8:54 PM said...

I'm TOTALLY with you on the breakfast! Its my favourite meal of the day, and its sooo goood!!


YAY on the first week of school! That's so awesome, enjoy your first week!

Karine on August 20, 2009 at 8:53 PM said...

I always found the first week of school exciting. That is the only part I miss about school (I finished a MA 2 years ago...).

I never skip breakfast. I eat breakfast and I am still hungry at 10am. I would be starving if I did not eat breakfast...

I love your quiche!

Anonymous said...

haha you don't need to tell me to eat breakfast...it's my fav meal of the day!
And YAY for first day of school! you're fast!

Cucinista on August 22, 2009 at 12:40 PM said...

Great quiche. I'm on your side of the breakfast debate.

me on August 23, 2009 at 3:43 AM said...

good for you to keep tempting us with breakfast - I'm trying to get my kids to think of some inspiring (and healthy) breakfast that is easy to fix before school... thanks for your inspiration and your GREAT blog!!! Trish

Selba on August 23, 2009 at 9:39 PM said...

Good tips for the fruit :)

Kim on August 31, 2009 at 3:46 AM said...

Today, in Baku, I am spoiled and poor because I thought it was fine time I try this quiche! I spent 5 manat on cheddar (haven't had it since America) and too much on a bit of broccoli (only have had it 2 times since America) and tweaked it a little, but it's in the oven now! I thought while already treating me and my friend, I might as well throw broccoli in there, too! :)

Post a Comment

“Words are the voice of the heart”

-Confucius

Thanks for your comments!