Three Dinner Friday: Southwestern Soup, Lasagna, and Goop!

Friday, February 20

Listening to "Where I Stood," Missy Higgins

Dinner 1: Southwestern Soup from Forever... Wherever!
--Froze half and stuck the other half in the fridge to eat this week. Perfect for this chilly weather we've been having!! Made the apartment smell amazing!
Notice the mess from "Three Meal Friday" in the background...

Dinner 2: Lasagna from The Paraplegic Chef
Will post picture later-- I prepared it and stuffed in in the fridge to bake Sunday. It's going to be so good!!

Dinner 3: "Goop" for boyfriend :)
See the neglected reading to the side? I'm about to eat and catch up!

This was tonight's dinner (and probably tomorrow's...). Just ground turkey, Italian sausage, can of cream of chicken, beef broth, parsley, chives, and lots of noodles in the crock pot!

"Goop" is a tradition Boyfrirnd and I started in college... it's a term we use for an easy, noodle-and-meat meal.Boyfriemd loves them, and since he cooked dinner all last week for his late-night tutoring girlfriend I thought I would treat him :)

So Boyfriend and I have been busy lately... he's doing great at work and learning a lot in his CFP (Certified Financial Planner) Course, but it's intense and studying doesn't leave him with much free time.

My classes are going well, I love my new nanny job, am having a blast tutoring, and I'm looking forward to referee training next weekend!! I'll be an official lacrosse referee before you know it... one more part time job to help out the savings account :) Boyfriend and I can't stop talking about taking a big trip this summer-- I'm hoping I can save enough money to make it happen!

With all that's going on, Friday is my day off. I don't mind working on the weekends, but it makes it hard to find time for homework and hobbies. So I really went to town today... I started on the slightly neglected readings for class, took a break by cooking three dinners (meals for later this week when there's no time to cook!) and now I'm ready to attack homework again since Boyfriend won't be back from class till very late.

Another reason our weekend was busy (a very happy reason!): Best friend Allie and her baby Abby came to visit!!

Teaching Allie to knit-- she picked it up quickly! Abby will be knitting before we know it :)


Abby and Allie at the park-- Abby is sporting a hat my Mom knit!! How cute!! (I'll be that good soon-- I think!!)

Now-- for homework!!

7 comments:

Sarah on February 21, 2009 at 7:34 PM said...

I found your blog a few days ago, and I keep on coming back to check for updates, so I decided to follow your blog and make it easier on myself. :)

I like your blog because what you write about is basically what I'm trying to do in my life right now. It's difficult to balance work, life, and the hobbies that I'm interested in, and it's nice to see someone actually succeeding at it.

Keep on writing, I'll keep on reading!

~Sarah

Donna-FFW on February 22, 2009 at 11:08 PM said...

Hi! Stumbled upon your blog. It looks wonderful. Lots of great stuff here. The soup looks amazing!

Rebecca on February 23, 2009 at 5:56 AM said...

I just wanted to say how much I love your mantra! As a fellow grad student I totally understand that reliance on coffee, and your mantra is so true.

I'm so impressed you cooked three dinners, by Friday I can barely manage one!

Anonymous said...

Soup and goop were awesome! I can't wait to taste more. :-)

stephchows on February 23, 2009 at 10:06 AM said...

The soup looks super tasty! And that hat is SO ADORABLE!!! I can crochet, but I really need to learn to knit more than a scarf haha :)

The Duo Dishes on February 23, 2009 at 5:59 PM said...

Oh the Southwestern soup looks warm and good. Very awesome of you to knock out 3 meals at once like that!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you tried it! My guys really loved the Southwestern soup!

Your blog is looking so cool!
~Kim

Post a Comment

“Words are the voice of the heart”

-Confucius

Thanks for your comments!