Recipe Blogroll items for January 2010

Friday, January 15

Currently Listening to "The Call," Regina Spektor

Recipe Blogroll is BACK, baby!!

Woo-hoo!!

A little different this time. Instead of listing a million recipes I'd like to try like last time, I'm going to shoot for four to five a month.


{I'm a deadline person. I'll do better with a deadline.}

Then, during the month, I'll write a review of the yummy recipe, share any tips ::remember, I'm still VERY new to cooking haha::, and post a small award for the recipe writer because I appreciate cooking blogs SO much!!

If you have any recipe you'd like to suggest for my February Blogroll, please let me know in the comments or by e-mailing me at class.and.coffee@gmail.com

**All pictures are from the recipe owner's Web site. Click on the Recipe name to read more about the recipe and to see more pictures!*

Recipe Blogroll Items for January 2010!





Recipe Blogroll graphic
  • Braised Chicken with Grapes: Posted by Healthy Delicious, this recipe uses grapes to help make some "fall-off-the-bone" chicken and, according to HD, some sauce that'll make you want to lick your plate. I'm in!

    Healthy Delicious Chicken with Grapes (Pic by Healthy Delicious)
  • Linguine with Zucchini and Chickpeas: Real Simple Magazine, August 2009; This recipe was definitely intended for summer haha... but I can't resist! All the soups and stews we've been having... I'd love to have a light evening dinner like this soon. And hey, we'll just pretend it's warm :)linguine(Pic from Real Simple)
  • Applesauce Granola: Posted by Steph Chows, it's a recipe I've been looking for! I love granola... but it's so expensive! I would love to make it at home AND I think it would make a cute gift to give for friends at Valentine's Day!
    Steph Chow's granola(Pic by StephChows)
  • Pot Sticker Pillows: Posted by Slim Shoppin, this recipe makes AMAZING looking pot stickers that are only 30 calories each!! Which... probably won't matter much when I eat about 100 of them, but still...
    Slim Shoppin Pot Stickers (Pic by Slim Shoppin)

Here's to a January filled with new recipes!! Thanks you guys!

So now all I've got to do is cook these 5 before the 31st, and I'll post a review for each.
I'll try to write down any helpful hints I come up with along the way... I've only been cooking for about a year now and I still feel very, very new at it :)
~*~*~
Want to try a Recipe Blogroll?
It's a great way to force yourself out of your cooking shell!

Feel free to use the button:
Recipe Blogroll graphic

~*~*~
**Quick thanks to Fidgeting Gidget for giving me my new knitting project a great name: marf.
The Marf = The manly knit, manly colored scarf intended for a male
who may be leery of effeminate scarves... 


~*~*~


Your excited-to-start-cooking,
loving-the-new-classes,
marf-knitting,
New Girl Blogger

11 comments:

Connie @ SogniESorrisi on January 15, 2010 at 12:50 PM said...

I love your idea! I decided to try to make 1 or 2 new recipes a month but so far this month it hasn't happened. I have to get cracking!

stephchows on January 15, 2010 at 2:16 PM said...

woohoo I made the blogroll! wicked fun!! And man all the other things look so good! clicking over to them all now :)

Notesfromthegrove on January 15, 2010 at 3:22 PM said...

Fun! And LOVING your new layout! So cute. I would love to try these recipes so I'm looking forward to reading your reviews!

Donna-FFW on January 17, 2010 at 3:43 PM said...

YAY I am in the blogroll.. Thank you. I have a great one bowl brownie recipe I recently made.. so good, dont know if you are a brownie person, but theyd be delish for a chocolate V-Day themed thing. I must check out these other links, Thanks, Sarah!

green ink on January 18, 2010 at 11:41 AM said...

What a great idea! Look forward to hearing how you go...they all sound delicious! xx

Iva Messy on January 18, 2010 at 8:12 PM said...

OMG!! those cheesecake bars!!! I AM DROOLING OVER HERE!!!!

Kim on January 19, 2010 at 9:16 AM said...

Hmm... so, I wouldn't be opposed to some of that granola one of these days... :)

Ella Everywhere on January 19, 2010 at 2:02 PM said...

Those Tiramisu Cheesecake bars look fantastic! Let me know how those go, I may have to try baking them

knitseashore on January 20, 2010 at 2:54 PM said...

So glad to see your new posts! I've been doing a little cooking too (though not nearly as experimental as you!!) and I've found the little Everyday Food magazine by Martha Stewart to be very useful with simple and mostly easy recipes. (You're talking to a girl who can't make cookies well!). Another great source is allrecipes.com, where yours truly is going to attempt a tollhouse cookie pie soon. Have you tried this site? Good luck with your new recipes!!

Unknown on January 20, 2010 at 4:19 PM said...

I love cooking but get caught up in the same old/same old....looking forward to trying some of these!
P.S. Thank little Ms. Notes from the Grove over there for helping me find your blog!

Nikolett on January 20, 2010 at 7:56 PM said...

All of these look DELICIOUS and I want to ry something new! This reminds me that I need to update my 'recipe of the week', I might borrow one of these recipes!

By the way, I've awarded you with a lil' something on my blog :)

Post a Comment

“Words are the voice of the heart”

-Confucius

Thanks for your comments!