I'm Back!! 2010 New Year's Resolution + Finishing Life List Item #25

Friday, January 1

Currently Listening to "It Was A Very Good Year," Frank Sinatra.

Happy New Year!

Here's the Raleigh Acorn, our little NC tradition
on New Year's Eve-- drops JUST like the ball
in NYC. Well, maybe not as big of a crowd...

And, Happy New Blog!

I'm so sorry for my absence - been incognito since mid-October. The pressure of school and work kind of hit all at once... and something had to give.

BUT I'm back! And just as interested in learning new cooking/baking techniques, a few new knitting projects, and some general life lessons that come with the territory of a new 20-something's decade.

Of course, that brings the obvious question--

What is your 2010 New Year's Resolution????

I love resolutions. They may not always work out the way you think they will... but it's nice to start fresh sometimes. Well, unless you don't want to change anything...

Not everyone needs a resolution,
I suppose :)

I have a couple (as always), some of which Matt came up with and we're doing together, including:
  1. Have at least one TV-free night a week
  2. Send Birthday cards
  3. Keep up with my blog!
  4. Get in better shape
4 seems like a good number...

Anyway, this New Year's has also presented a chance for me to check something off my life list.

See, on Wednesday Dec. 30th I woke up with a really sore throat. It was manageable at first, but by the end of the night it was hurting!

Of course, by New Year's Eve, I was definitely Ms. I've-Got-A-Cold. Matt had to run out twice for soup and meds, and I spend the day in my PJs instead of the cute New Year's Eve dress I had bought with Leah. It wasn't so bad... big blankets, lots of movies, and some OJ. I also managed to stay up till Midnight for New Year's Eve!

Still, it wasn't the New Year's Eve I had been hoping for... we had plans to meet some friends downtown, and I had that new dress! So Matt's promised to take me out for New Year's re-do next weekend!! Which bring me to my life list item...

√# 25: Experience New Year's Eve twice in one year

I always thought I would cross that one off by celebrating New Year's really close to a time zone border, and then hopping over the border after midnight and celebrating it again! But now I think I'll check this one off with the New Year's re-do next Saturday :) I'll keep my eye on midnight and everything!!

Anyway, lots of other things to update from this past year... fun recipes, finished knitting projects, trips to Disney world, my new twin brother and sister...

But hey, I just got back. So how about we take it slow, and just end with another hearty--

Happy New Year!

Your still-a-little-stuffy,
just-turned-23, lovin-2010-already!,
New Girl Blogger

10 comments:

Sara on January 1, 2010 at 3:52 PM said...

Happy birthday and happy new year!!

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} on January 1, 2010 at 4:56 PM said...

Happy New Year!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back!

Your Humble Scribe

Lauren on January 1, 2010 at 10:25 PM said...

welcome back!!

Stephanie on January 2, 2010 at 12:25 AM said...

Yay! Missed you! I'm going to try to start posting regularly again too. Happy New year!

siobhan on January 4, 2010 at 1:29 AM said...

Don't forget my birthday card...

Anonymous said...

Good luck with all your resolutions!! I'm with ya on #4!

knitseashore on January 5, 2010 at 7:04 PM said...

Happy Birthday, New Year, and new brother and sister! You've got a lot going on there, so be sure and take care of yourself before you jump into the new resolutions (and new semester) full force!

Kim @ Everything Etsy on January 6, 2010 at 12:04 AM said...

Happy New year to you, and I wish you well with your resolutions. :)

~Kim

The Duo Dishes on January 6, 2010 at 6:55 PM said...

Nice to see you're back in action! Sometimes we all need a little blogging break. It's hard to juggle everything, but when you find the balance, you'll be good. Much success with all of your resolutions!

Post a Comment

“Words are the voice of the heart”

-Confucius

Thanks for your comments!